EAES course on basic skills in laparoscopic surgery 2024
We kindly invite you to join the “EAES course on basic skills in laparoscopic surgery 2024“, which will be held in Klaipėda on May 9-11th.
Endorsed by the EAES, this hands-on course is dedicated to residents in general surgery, gynecology and urology, with minimal to none experience in laparoscopic surgery.
During this event, the participants:
– will learn principles of laparoscopic surgery, including the fundamentals of laparoscopic imaging, ergonomy and safety in the operating room, as well as basic facts regarding laparoscopic equipment and safe use of surgical energy;
– will be instructed how to create pneumoperitoneum safely;
– will be trained in camera navigation to achieve optimal images;
– will develop practical laparoscopic skills including object grasping and manipulation, bimanual and hand-eye coordination, cutting, clipping, use of endo-loop and endo-bag, insertion of objects to and their extraction from the abdominal cavity, tissue handling, laparoscopic needle manipulation, basics of laparoscopic suturing and knot tying;
– will learn basics of teamwork and communication in the operating room;
– will gain knowledge about incidents and adverse events in laparoscopic surgery
This course includes some theoretical lectures, videos and discussions, but its primary focus is on the extensive hands-on training under the direct guidance of the course faculty, lead by the EAES expert Assoc. Prof. Marek Soltes, MD., PhD. Hon. FEBS/MIS.
Klaipėdos university hospital
Klaipėdos association of surgeons
European association of endoscopic surgery (EAES)
Assoc. Prof. Marek Šoltés, PhD ⇒ CV
DATES & VENUE:
9-11 May 2024
Klaipėda university (Herkaus Manto str. 84, LT-92294, Klaipeda, Lithuania)
Participants will receive EAES accreditation for taking part in this course.
For more information about course please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org